Widow Strong Friday Five: Widows’ Color Run, October Outreach-Atlanta, Women’s Empowerment Event and More!
Happy Friday Friends,
Here’s our latest Friday Five: We love October and all the exciting events taking place.…
1. Color Me Happy! Way to go Widow Strong Team Texas: Enjoy a Team Color Run 5K on Oct 19th! Click on the picture below for details. Carrie and Paula, both widowed moms, are awesome team leaders! Would you like to join Widow Strong in Texas? Here’s the link: https://widowstrong.com/lufkin-texas-chapter/
2. Widow Strong Open House THIS Sunday October 6th in Marietta, GA! Click HERE to RSVP to this FREE event! Bring the kiddos! Food, Fun, and Fellowship! Meet other widows, connect with our local events, and join our upcoming Sandy Springs Widow Strong Chapter that’s starting Sunday October 13th from 4-6PM led by Melissa Bentley. This team is generously sponsored by Suzanne Miller of Ron Blue Trust in Atlanta! Would you like to join Widow Strong-Sandy Springs (Atlanta)? Click this link: https://widowstrong.com/sandy-springs-chapter/
Will You Help Fill Our Cart? Thanks to our partners who donated $250 last week…We just have $250 more to raise to meet our expenses for our October Outreach Social this Sunday the 6th! Your support keeps these monthly events FREE to widows and their children. Would you please consider making a tax-deductible donation today to help us cover costs for this outreach event? It’s just 2 Days Away! Click here or on the picture below to donate.
3. Want to help a nonprofit save money? I’ve found a great link that helps to conserve our funds at Widow Strong. Happy to share the love: https://events.withgoogle.com/google-for-nonprofits-live-stream-series/?https://events.withgoogle.com/google-for-nonprofits-live-stream-series/?
4. Women’s Empowerment Day: Join us in Marietta this Saturday October 5th! I’m honored to be a panelist at this amazing event hosted by the Janice Overbeck Real Estate Team. Learn more and RSVP by clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/events/477945419694012/
5. Saying Farewell to a Friend: It is with a heavy heart that we say farewell to Matt Corley, Founder of Apex Christian Singles and supporter of Widow Strong. Apex Christian Singles is the largest organization of its kind in the United States. With Matt’s partnership, we were able significantly help a widowed mom and her three children keep their home just this past weekend. We look forward to working with the Apex community in the future.
Matt passed away unexpectedly Thursday October 3rd. His love of God, his family, and heart to empower the lives of singles (including many widows and widowers) nationwide is an amazing legacy for a man so young. If you would like to learn more about Apex Christian Singles in your area, please click here.
Matt was beloved in Atlanta and beyond. If you would like to attend his memorial service, please click on the picture below.
Welcome to Suzanne Miller, our new Widow Strong Sandy Springs Chapter Sponsor! Let’s support businesses that make our Widow Strong programs FREE to widows and their children. Thank you!
Stay Connected…Click on the Links Below for More Information
Thanks for your support! We couldn’t do it without you!
Founder, Widow Strong
*Promotion of corporate donors is at the sole discretion of Widow Strong board of directors.