Widow Strong Friday 5: Hope for the Holidays Video, 2 Widows are Angel-Fabulous, and Gift Cards Giving Hope
Happy Friday! Hope you’ve had a great week…There’s a lot to share as we get ready for the holidays. Have a cup of spiced apple cider and let’s dig in!
- Hope for the Holidays Video Workshop Recap from Mishael & Tonya Pringle
- Recap Notes
- Hope for the Holidays Online, LIVE Grief Support Group: Join us!
- Widows “Fabulizing” an Angel Anniversary
- Gift Cards Giving Hope
1. Hope for the Holidays Video Message from Mishael & Family: In this video recap of last night’s online workshop, fellow widowed mom, Tonya Pringle, and I share our tried and true strategies for crafting hope, health, and healing during the holiday season after loss.
2. Here are the notes from last night’s online Hope for the Holidays Online Gathering Workshop. We cover these topics in detail in the above video session.
Ask for help and say yes
Realize it will be different
Ask your family what traditions are important and make a plan for those moments
Create a plan for important days
Ask yourself and/or your family for some new traditions that you’d like to try and schedule them on your calendar
Invite a friend (open your table)
Give back (gift cards giving hope)
Have an outlet for your grief – write and connect with others who understand your grief journey
3. Would you like to join us LIVE online? Tonya Pringle, a founding member of Widow Strong, and myself, Mishael Porembski, will be hosting FREE weekly online support groups for widows in November and December. Join our zoom online video gathering using your smart phone or laptop! Click here for more information and email us at email@example.com to sign up. Our next zoom meeting group is a lunch and learn session and starts on Nov 19th from 12-1 PM. We hope you join us from anywhere in the US!
Are you grieving and NOT a widow? Would you like to join an online group? Email me, Mishael Porembski, at firstname.lastname@example.org and, if there is enough interest, we will start an online grief support group for the holidays for those experiencing grief. You don’t have to be a widow to learn from these AMAZING Warrior Women!
4. Fabulizing an Angel Anniversary: For those who may not know, an angel anniversary honors the date of the passing of a loved one. What a wonderful testimony of fellow widows Emily Upshaw and Michelle Hollis who honored Michelle’s husband’s angel anniversary with such style! I applaud their love for life, strength, hope and rockin’ angel attire!
5. Gift Cards Giving Hope
Do you have any partially used or new gift cards? Please consider sharing them with Widow Strong so we may give them to a widowed family in need during the holidays. Best cards to send are:
Or any gift cards you have lying around that could bring JOY to a widow and her children this holiday season. Please use a sharpie marker and write the amount of the gift card on the card and we will distribute them to widowed families this December. Thank you!
Please mail your new or partially used gift cards to:
2105 Lower Roswell Road
Marietta, GA 30068
Sharing hope, health, and healing with widows and their children is our honor. Your financial partnership directly supports our Widow Strong outreach and group programs. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today using this link. Give Thank you!
Be strong and courageous, for the LORD is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
Founder, Widow Strong
*Promotion of corporate donors is at the sole discretion of Widow Strong board of directors.