Widow Strong Saturday Salsa: Pivoting to Serve During COVID19
I apologize for my newsletter radio-silence for the last few weeks. Like all of us, I needed some time to process and pivot to meet the changing needs of our community due to the COVID 19 pandemic crisis. From food distribution, to live, online workshops, webinars, and prayer meetings, Widow Strong’s mission continues to support our widows, their children, and our community! We are #StrongerTogether! Let’s get started!
1. In partnership with the Cobb County and The Center for Family Resources, Widow Strong is now a twice-weekly food distributor to widowed families and those that are food-insecure with hot, individually-prepared, restaurant meals. Last week we were honored to feed widows, solo moms, the elderly, and families. Please read the distribution details in the “about” sections of the following links.
Here’s the link to our FB bi-weekly distribution event: https://www.facebook.com/events/623551928493690
Here’s the WS link to reserve meals: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090b48abaf2ba20-w…
Will you please consider partnering with Widow Strong as we initiate additional programs to support widows, their children, and our community? Here’s our quick, easy, giving campaign link. https://widowstrong.kindful.com/?campaign=1048927
2. Coming Clean & Personal Hygiene: THANK YOU to Whole Foods for donating personal hygiene products to Widow Strong for distribution to our widowed families! We so appreciate the heart of Whole Foods to serve widows in this unprecedented time! Please email me if you need personal hygiene products.
3. Foraging for Healthy Greens Workshop & WS Gathering Tomorrow, Sunday April 5th: We launch our ONLINE Widow Strong Workshop and Online Gathering Event, from 4-6 PM EST, with a demo on Foraging for Healthy Greens in Your Own Backyard with Chef Evelyn, personal chef to national celebrities. Chef Evelyn will join us virtually from 4-5 PM EST with her live, online demo and then we’ll have a private time of online widow group connection and conversation from 5-6 (or longer if our tribe likes). Widows from anywhere in the US may join us for this LIVE event! This event is Widows-Only. We will make the video recording of Chef Evelyn’s workshop (not our widow discussion) available to everyone across our social media platforms in next week’s newsletter.
If you are a widow, please use this link to join this WS Gathering event taking place tomorrow: https://www.facebook.com/events/864826870640108/
4. Calling Widows/Wives/Solo Women to our Prayer Circle: We now offer weekly live, online praise and prayer meetings via Zoom to widows/wives/solo women every Thursday night. Join our FB group to learn more. This gathering is not widow-specific. If you want to hear AMAZING stories of God’s faithfulness, share a time of praise and prayer, join us for a wonderful, uplifting time together!
Here’s the link to our FB Prayer Circle Page that has all the info and updates. Don’t let the Widow Strong branding scare you, wives and solo women, you can’t catch widowhood by association but we can all be inspired together!: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3148445641854104
5. Coming Attractions: We will be updating our calendar this upcoming week with our Widow Strong Zoom chapter meetings and upcoming webinars on the 8 Steps of Grief Empowerment in 180 Your Life for those experiencing grief due to COVID 19. This live, online event is not widow specific.
A Note from Mishael: Friends, please consider making your tax-deductible donation to Widow Strong TODAY. Support of our widows, their children, and our community is entirely crowd funded. Due to COVID 19, we lost a significant portion of our individual donors and a few small business too . As the founder, I am a widowed mom and it is my honor to serve full-time. Every donation keeps me on this mission and the Widows’ Center open and operating so we may continue fulfilling the call of James 1:27 by providing vital programs and services both in-person and virtually to widows and those who are grieving.
Ya’ll, we currently have $550 in recurring donations. Making up for that shortfall every month takes up a lot of my time, time better spent serving our community. Will you partner with me with your recurring donation TODAY? It costs about $4K a month to run our program that are FREE to widows but not free to maintain. Together, we can make a HUGE difference! Every bit helps and no donation is too small.
Here are a few suggested donation options to partner with Widow Strong as we continue serving widowed families and our community during this time:
$25 feeds a widowed family a restaurant meal once a week for a month
$50 feeds a family a restaurant meal twice a week for a month and provides personal hygiene product distribution
$100 feeds a family twice a month, provides personal hygiene product distribution, and provides multiple FREE online grief support services monthly.
Here’s the link to give: https://widowstrong.kindful.com/?campaign=1048927
Thank you to our Sponsors! Widow Strong events are supported by our community sponsors, donors, and volunteers. Thank you! Please support businesses that support widow empowerment Visit our sponsor page by clicking HERE!
Sharing hope, health, and healing with widows and their children is our honor. Your financial partnership directly supports our Widow Strong outreach and group programs. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today using this link. Give Thank you!
Be strong and courageous, for the LORD is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
Founder, Widow Strong