Widow Strong Friday Five: Self-Care, Tribe Connect, Live Your Legacy
As the summer closes and school starts a few gentle reminders: Take Care of Yourself, Connect with Your Tribe, God is Present, and Live Your Legacy. Let’s dig in…
1. My Mommy-Meltdown and Teen Advice: The wise advice of my then-13 year-old daughter, Arie, popped up today on my Facebook feed. Click on the picture below to watch this 5 minute video where I’m gently corrected by my own child.
Widow Strong Tribe Connect:
2. Grief Support Group Starting Next Sunday: Are you in the Lufkin (near Dallas), TX area or would you like to join this group LIVE online from any state in the union? Spaces are limited. This virtual and live online group starts next weekend, Sunday August 25th! Join today! Contact group facilitator Carrie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more.
3. Widow Strong September 8th Open House Event in Atlanta 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Enjoy FREE BBQ, hotdogs, and roasting marshmallows in a fun, relaxed setting at the Widows’ Empowerment Center. Address: 2105 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30068. Bring the kids to enjoy a FREE tie-dye craft with Ty Porter, our art teacher. Hope to see you there! Please RSVP so we know how many supplies to provide. Click Here for More Info.
4. “Suffering isn’t a mistake and it isn’t the absence of God’s presence…” Stories of Meeting the Almighty, including a Word from Joni Eareckson-Tada. (video time: 4 mins).
5. Live Your Legacy: I attended Bethany Rutledge’s memorial service last Friday. Bethany was an amazing wife, mother, family member, coach, and community leader. She was also my former triathlon coach and an expert featured in our grief empowerment video series. In the midst of deep grief & sorrow, Bethany’s family shared a sacred lesson on living your legacy and trusting God in extreme pain. Click Here or on the picture below to watch Bethany’s amazing legacy.
Will You Join Us?
We love serving our widowed community and your support makes a huge difference. We currently make our programs FREE or nearly free to our widowed community, but we cannot do this alone. Please consider sponsoring a widow or a local widow team in Widow Strong programs today. Thank you.
To Sponsor a Widow: Click here to learn more.
To Sponsor a Widow Team: Click here learn more.
Founder, Widow Strong