Widow Strong: Friday Fantastic Five!
I hope you are enjoying the summer. I’m excited to share with you our five quick Widow Strong updates!
1. Welcome our New Widow Strong Video Podcast! It’s like TV show The View, only with widowed girlfriends, and no politics. Click on the picture below or clickHERE to see our first of three 15 minute video podcasts, featuring fellow widows Katrina Jones, Melissa Bentley, Tiffany Campbell, and myself, Mishael Porembski. This 3-part topic is Summer of Mom: Rest, Replenish, Restoration for Solo Moms.
2. Upcoming Media Feature. Life University will be creating an article to feature their internship partnership with Widow Strong! The article will feature our Office Manager intern, Amber Tanksley, and will be shared with over 200 media outlets! The article is due to come out in August of 2019.
3. Widow Warrior Feature: Carrie Stringer! Carrie joined our Atlanta widows’ team remotely last year. She has been twice widowed and has a daughter under the age of six. Carrie lives in Lufkin, Texas and took the initiative with her church, Harmony Hill Baptist, to start a Texas Widow Strong team! With fellow widowed mom, Paula Warden, along with the support of their church leadership, Carrie and Paula will be using our 180 Your Life 12-month curriculum this fall! What a way for these widowed moms to turn tragedy into triumph by outreaching into the community to help others in grief! Way to go, Carrie and Paula!!
If you would like to learn more about our 12-month print and video 180 Your Life grief empowerment curriculum with your church or community, please email me at email@example.com. Proceeds help support our Widow Strong: Widows’ Empowerment Center.
4. Widow Strong Father’s Day Gathering: Father’s Day can be challenging for widowed families. Huge thanks to Melissa Bentley who offered her home and private pool for a wonderful Widow Strong Father’s Day gathering filled with fun, food, and fellowship! Widow Strong friend and supporter, Kirk Hoefler, came to help with the event and launch our kids in the pool! Great fun was had by all and a new Father’s Day tradition was born!
5. Upcoming Art Classes in July! We are so excited to have a new art teacher join us to offer art therapy classes in creative journaling and open art studio time for widows and their children! Be looking for our new class schedule next week, hosted at the Widow Strong: Widows’ Empowerment Center this July!
“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress …” James 1:27
Our Widow Strong Center and programs are completely crowd funded. Will you partner with us as we fulfill the mission of James1:27 to serve widows and their children?
To cover our monthly expenses there are 3 Easy Ways You Can Partner With Us.
(Please click on the link below to make your tax-deductible donation):
- 100 friends donate at $9.99 per month
- 75 friends donate at $25 per month
- 33 friends donate at $49 per month.
- Please Click here to make your one-time or recurring donation.
Thank you for your support and God bless,
Founder, Widow Strong