Widow Strong Friday 5: Saddle Up Video! In-Laws, Outlaws, 5 Holiday Survival Strategies & More!
Happy Friday as we Celebrate THANKSGIVING BREAK! Hope you’ve had a great week…Thanksgiving is around the corner. Let’s share humor and hope as we prepare for the special days ahead! Here are the Highlights.
- Saddle Up! Watch our Wild West Hope for the Holidays Video
- Recap Notes
- December 1st Atlanta Widow Strong Gathering: FREE Jewelry Making Workshop for Widows and Children
- Article: How Gratitude Rewires Your Brain to be Happier
- Shop for Good: Shop our Inspirational T-Shirts and Accessories
1. Hope for the Holidays Video Series: In-Laws & Outlaws. In this Wild West-themed video, twice-widowed mom, Carrie Stringer, and I share 5 Holiday Survival Strategies with humor and hope as we approach Thanksgiving. Click to watch!
2. Recap notes: 5 Holiday Survival Strategies
Saying No & Yes
The Escape Hatch
Links to Local Events: https://widowstrong.com/lufkin-texas-chapter
Hope for the Holidays Online Discussion Group! Click here for more information to join our next online zoom meeting with your laptop or smartphone camera. This lunch and learn session starts on December 3rd from 12-1 PM. We hope you join us from anywhere in the US!
Are you grieving and NOT a widow? Would you like to join an online group? Email me, Mishael Porembski, at email@example.com and, if there’s enough interest, we will start an online grief support group for the holidays for those experiencing grief. You don’t have to be a widow to learn from these AMAZING Warrior Women!
3. Widow Strong Workshop & Gathering: Join us December 1st from 5-7 PM for a fun-filled time at the Janice Overbeck Real Estate Team Office (about 2 miles from the Widows’ Center) for a Jewelry Making Workshop for Widows and their Kiddos! Children will be able to make holiday jewelry for mom with a wonderful jewelry artist! Moms can make their own pieces in separate room. Huge THANKS to the Janice Overbeck Real Estate Team Office for donating their space for us to enjoy! Janice’s offices are often used to host community events. She has fabulous spaces for workshops and for children to play! Here are the details…
4. Gratitude Rewires Your Brain to be Happier: Here’s a good article on the health benefits of practicing gratitude! Click here to read the full article.
5. Shopping for Good: Have you checked out our new line of inspirational t-shirts and accessories? We have Widow Strong branding AND 180 Your Life branding for those who may be currently married and want to support our cause, but not give their current husband undo concern. 😉 Click Here to Shop!
Sharing hope, health, and healing with widows and their children is our honor. Your financial partnership directly supports our Widow Strong outreach and group programs. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today using this link. Give Thank you!
Be strong and courageous, for the LORD is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
Founder, Widow Strong