Widow Strong Friday 5: Hope for the Holidays, Mastering Your Grill, Car Care Empowerment, and More!
Happy Friday! I hope this note finds you well…There is much to share! Here are the headlines.
- Note and Video from Mishael
- Hope for the Holidays Series
- Grillin’ Girls Workshop
- Car Care Workshop
- Widow of Valor Spotlight
1. Note and Video from Mishael: I took a break for two weeks from writing our newsletter. One of the great lessons I’ve leaned in loss is to honor my rhythms. In the last three months, I’ve been to three unexpected memorial services: one for an extended family member and two for friends. I used to run from grief, muscling through by distracting myself from pain with excessive work and events. Now I allow myself to be still, listen, and learn from loss. The fires of pain make us malleable, refining and transforming our lives. This mindful practice is actually part of Step 2 of 180 Your Life, our 12-month print and video grief empowerment curriculum. I’ve included a free link to the full 20-minute video of Step 2 below. Just click on the picture to watch.
2. Hope for the Holidays: The holidays can be full of wonder and joy for many. After losing a loved one, the holidays can also be a landmine of loss, fraught with grief mines. You are not alone. Our upcoming Hope for the Holidays Series of videos, group sessions, and newsletters will share helpful strategies to empower your holidays season in body, mind, and spirit. Would you like to join us LIVE online? Tonya Pringle, a founding member of Widow Strong, and I will be hosting two FREE online support groups for widows through November and December. Join us with your smart phone or laptop! Click here for more information and to sign up. Our first group session starts November 5th. Join us!
Are you managing grief but NOT a widow? Would you like to join an online group? Email me, Mishael Porembski, at email@example.com and, if there is enough interest, we will start an online grief support group in November. You don’t have to be a widow to learn from these AMAZING Warrior Women!
3. Grillin’ Girls Workshop: Sunday November 3rd 5-6 PM. You asked and we listened! As part of the first half of our Widow Strong November Open House Gathering, we are so excited to offer our Grill Master Workshop for Widows with Wes Ruff from Whole Foods! Rock your next tailgate, Super Bowl, or fall gathering with your new grillin’ goddess skills! Wes is one of only a few butchers in the Southeastern US that holds the distinctive title of “Joureyman Cutter” having attained the highest level of industry training available in his profession. Wes has taught aspiring cooks for years how to select and prepare a variety of meals and holiday fare. Thank you, Wes and Whole Foods at Merchant’s Walk in East Cobb Marietta for supporting Widow Strong! Click here to RSVP for this FREE Workshop!
4. Car Care Workshop: Sunday November 3rd 6-7 PM By popular demand, as part of the second half of our Widow Strong November Open House Gathering, we are offering a workshop on simple car care with Greg Herndon of Steve’s Automotive Center in East Cobb Marietta. Greg, now the owner of the business his father Steve Herndon started, has been faithfully and honestly maintaining our family for over 8 years. Learn how to change a tire, check your oil, and not get taken at the mechanics. Thanks, Steve’s Automotive for supporting Widow Strong! Click here to RSVP for this FREE Workshop!
5. Widow of Valor Highlight: Congratulations to Carrie Stringer, co-leader of Widow Strong in Lufkin, TX for sharing her passion for widow empowerment with her local community. Carrie uses her pain for a purpose and leverages her loss into leadership as she helps others through grief. Way to go, Carrie! She was featured in her local paper! Click here to read the article. Would you like to lead a Widow Strong Chapter in your community? Contact us today and let’s get started! Email me, Mishael Porembski, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Stay Connected…Click on the Links Below for More Information
Thanks for your support! We couldn’t do it without you!
Founder, Widow Strong
*Promotion of corporate donors is at the sole discretion of Widow Strong board of directors.