Widow Strong: Fueling the Mission of James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Widow Strong fulfills this mission in 5 ways:
- Personal & Digital Outreach
- Local and Online Small Group Facilitation
- Widowed Leadership Training
- Service Partnership Events
- Giving Pantry Initiative
Good Growth: In the last 45 days, we have grown in our capacity to serve 20 widowed families to up to 140 widowed families per month! Our Widow Strong Newsletter has also grown by 2,000 people in just 3 months!
Our digital infrastructure fuels participation in our faith-based grief empowerment chapters. Because of our donors and sponsors, participation in our chapters is free of charge to attendees.
Widowed Leaders of local chapters are trained at no cost to them so they can focus on sharing health, hope, and healing with those who are grieving.
Let’s Do This Together: As the holidays approach, many widows will be seeking support. Will you help us provide the needed support system to widowed moms and their children? Widow Strong creates local events, small group environments, and trains widowed leaders. Your tax-deductible church or corporate sponsorship provides our Biblically-based, clinically sound, 180 Your Life 12-month print and video grief empowerment curriculum and live leadership training to local churches and/or widowed group leaders.
Outcomes to date*
• Launched the ONLY app developed exclusively for widows in the English speaking world
• Created the ONLY 12-month Biblically-based, clinically sound print and video grief empowerment curriculum
• Created the ONLY Video Web/Pododcast for widows by widows in a broadcast format • Serving 16,000 followers on social media / technology platforms and growing daily
• Serving up to 140 Widowed families through local Widow Strong / 180 Your Life chapters
• Approximately 280 children living more active lives in healthier families
• Training 10 leaders of local 180 Your Life/Widow Strong grief empowerment groups
• Gift Cards Giving Hope provided 10 widowed families with holiday meals and presents for their families in 2018
* Numbers are approximate based on reports
Partnering with Widow Strong is Easy: Become a personal or corporate partner today. Your tax-deductible donation directly seeds a new widow support groups! To show our gratitude, we would love to thank you by linking your website to ours and to the local widow support group page that your donation sponsors!