Board Update: Grand Opening and Touchbase
Please join us for our 180 Your Grief: Widows’ Mentoring Center GRAND OPENING & FALL FESTIVAL which will be on Sunday October 8th from 12:30 – 4:00 PM! We’ll have Live Music, Food, Games, a Bounce House Fun and RAFFLE OFF A NEW VITAMIX BLENDER and other door prizes! Please mark your calendars and bring your friends and family. This event will introduce us to the community, and also serve as our first fundraiser of the year.
- We have videotaped 10 grief empowerment podcast episodes to be released each weekday starting in October
- Mishael and Ron have spoken at the City of Marietta NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) panel discussion on Suicide Prevention.
- Mishael and Ron have been asked to lead a local school discussion with students on suicide prevention for teens.
- Met with a representative from Flood Student Missions about Flood teams coming to volunteer at the Grand Opening & to paint our little building.
- Vitamix has donated a NEW blender to be raffled off at our Grand Opening
- Chick Fil A has agreed to donate brownies and tea for our Grand Opening
The Mission for 180 Your Grief is Health, Hope, & Healing After Loss
180 Your Grief Creates Community:
Connecting our mentors, experts, and content with widows & grief communities through online resources & events as well as in-person meetings, family events, exercise teams, and workshops at our physical space located at 2105 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30068.
- Social Media & Podcasts
- 180U: A Growing Library of Online Original Grief Empowerment Content
- 180 Your Life Curriculum
Stronger Together: 180 Your Grief
Creating & Supporting Local Communities: Our Outreach Events
• Widow Empowerment: Host a Flagship 180 Your Life team for a 12 month cycle.
• Widow Care: Outreach to area churches to create 180 Your Life grief empowerment teams.
• Widow Walk: Weekly widowed group outdoor “Walk & Talk” with Mishael & Pastor Ron.
• Widow Leadership: 180 Your Life Leadership Training, in-person and in online cohorts.
• Widow Workshops: Quarterly Grief Empowerment Workshops with Experts
• Widow Connection: Monthly, Widowed Family-Oriented Community Outreach Events at the 180 Your Grief Center.
Please Consider Partnering With Us to Empower Widows and their Children
180 Your Grief Board of Directors
• Meets 4 times per year
• Monthly 20 minute phone update meetings (end of month)
• Role-based board
• Creation of action committees
• Quarterly meetings are 2 hours in length
• Leverage your influence & relationships to strategically fundraise and problem-solve for 180 Your Grief.
• Participate in fundraising events
• Tax-Advantaged Giving Opportunity
• Possible: Year-end Retreat or Dinner
180 Your Grief Advisory Board
• Meets 2 times per year
• Advisors available as needed
• Volunteer for 2 events per year
• Leverage relationships to support efforts of 180 Your Grief
• Help with fundraising events
• Tax Advantaged Giving Opportunity
We will be reaching out to each person who attended our introductory meeting to connect and hear where God is leading you.